I PASSED MY NURSING EXIT EXAM! My subconscious has been stressed about this for months and it was finally over today. The HESI is apparently a good indicator of how well I'll do on the NCLEX so hey, that's a good sign. I also got my Practicum preceptor and thus, a schedule. I'll be working on 8 West with the sweet old people as well as with patients needing relief of symptoms as they endure a terminal illness. I'll have 12 hour days, which I'm iffy about since I've never done one; 8 hour clinical days wear me out as it is! I'm looking forward to learning how to care for this population because they can be encountered on any hospital unit.
On the other hand, I have been having not so good luck finding a job. Maybe Louisville hospitals like to wait until a closer time to when I'll be able to work. Unfortunately, I'll also be competing with U of Louisville nursing students. It might not be so bad though because one hospital told me to contact them in July when we're closer to moving. We'll just have to see. I could always be a teacher at a classical or private school while trying to get a nursing job. And hey, maybe that's something God would have me pursue for His glory. I've always kind of wanted to be a teacher.
Now we just wait for news from Seminary...
Yay for an update and yes, I'm a blog stalker ;) Way to go on your exam!!! And let me know if you want some help looking for something in Louisville. I have quite a few contacts that may not result in a job immediately, but would definitley give you someone to talk to instead of just randomly sending resumes in!
ReplyDelete