Some semi-better news, I got the practicum placement that I wanted on 8 West, the geriatric and palliative care unit. Since my Mamoo died, I've had such a strong desire to care for older, dying people. Being on 8 West should either validate that or quickly change my mind. Hopefully it will do the former as practicum lasts about 1 1/2 months. I also applied as a new graduate RN at a hospital in Louisville today. I've been checking the website everyday to see if the application had been posted and my wandering mind found it today during the one class I went to.
It's going to be awhile before my mind can be at ease as I won't be able to take the NCLEX probably until June. Then we'll be in the process of moving and adjusting to a new home and job. Happily, we'll be going on a 9-day cruise with my family in July! We're pretty excited, I've never been on one before. Plus, I got a job for the summer and we'll be able to save up a lot since we'll be living with my parents. Overall, mixed feelings about the next 6 months but thankful for a sweet, supporting husband to ease my mind during the process.

No comments:
Post a Comment