2.12.2010

It's been awhile since I've had the chance to sit down and write/reflect. I had 2 tests this week--1 on Wednesday for which I studied an entire day and didn't do so hot and the second I had today for which I studied a total of 1 hour and got a 94. What the heck. I have never been able to figure out how to study effectively.

I guess we're due for a recap on life for anyone who reads or cares:

On Superbowl Sunday I called my family last minute and asked if they wanted to come to our miniscule apartment to watch the game. My mom was hesitant at first because of the recent snow storm and she was planning on making chili from scratch, which she knew would be a little difficult in our small kitchen. My dad also forwent his HUGE screen TV and DVR to come and watch our old box TV with a digital converter box. My mom and I made chili and cornbread and set up a buffet of goodness on the coffee table Louie made in high school shop class. It was kind of cute.

We got A LOT of snow our way the past 2 weeks. Louie and I never got to "play" in the snow together as kids because he lived 10 minutes away and our parents worked so we couldn't get to one another. It was special to have our first snowy winter during our first year of marriage. Especially since it seems like less snow graces Louisville and we'll be there for at least 3 years. A few classes got cancelled so it was kind of fun. I secretly like when everyone's normal routine gets disrupted beyond anyone's control. On the other hand, it's been difficult to sit down and concentrate (hence the poor test grade on Wednesday--ugh).

Louie finally sent his application in to Southern. Now they just have to receive 2 more of the recommendations, the church affirmation form from Mt. Vernon and transcripts that we sent for a few days ago. I'm REALLY looking forward to going to Southern. The apartment will be cute, the people will be so sweet, the community will be Christ-filled and we'll get to settle down for longer than a year, and family is there so it won't feel like we're forever away from anyone. And, we're one step closer to starting a family! As of now, we're deciding it'll be okay financially to start trying for a baby once I've worked for a year but if it happens earlier than that, God will provide sufficiently for what he has given. If I had to be perfectly honest, I'd love it to be sooner than later!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do this summer in terms of work. I can't work as a registered nurse since we'll only be in Richmond until sometime in August and it takes longer than that for new grad orientation in a lot of places. My second option would be to work as a Patient Care Technician like I did 2 summers ago but the hospital where I worked then won't hire me as a PCT if I've passed my boards (which I intend to take and hopefully pass this summer). I'm guessing it's some legal thing. So, now I'm going to try and contact other hospitals in the Richmond area to see if they'll hire me as a PCT because I really want to keep up with patient care so I don't get out of practice before I work as a nurse. If none of this works out I've also asked St. Mary's where I was a PCT previously to let me help out in Nursing Administration where I worked 3 summers ago. In all of this, even if I do get a job I don't know when I'll work because at some point I'll need to study for the NCLEX, go as a chaperone to summer camp with Louie and the youth, go on a cruise (!) with my family in July, and interview for jobs in Louisville. STRESSFUL!!!!

Today, Louie gave me a sweet card and a big bar of Hershey's Dark Chocolate for Valentine's Day. He's so sweet. There really isn't anything else that I want (or that we can afford). This post is too long....

No comments:

Post a Comment