2.02.2010

It's the easy things in life...

Today, like every Tuesday this semester, I didn't have class. I fully intended to work on a study guide for a test I have next Monday but I was way too distracted by getting laundry done, going to lunch with friend, folding the laundry, organizing important papers/documents, organizing Louie's dresser, the snow and making an actual dinner that consists of more than soup. We also took a walk at about 10pm tonight to breathe in some fresh air.....and get sleeted on.

In the past few days I have realized that quite a few things make my life easier/awesome:

First and foremost, the boy getting loved on by my best friend Melanie and myself about 7 years ago (aka my husband), did all of our laundry today! By himself. In the back alley. While I was at lunch with a friend. I can't begin to describe how wonderful it was to come home from lunch and have it done. Albeit I had to fold it all but I was happy to do it. In doing so I realized that I have had enough of Louie's clothes being squeezed into the drawers due to messiness that has accumulated over time. The fourth drawer of his 5-drawer dresser has all sorts of important papers, his teaching license, bank statements, paid bills, etc that have piled up. I decided to relocate them and give Louie another drawer for his abundance of t-shirts. With that done, I feel like a new woman.
The aforementioned friend (and first year roommate!) and I had lunch at Take-It-Away, my absolute favorite place to eat at the Corner. My usual is turkey on french bread with provolone cheese, bean sprouts and "house dressing" which is a secret concoction of what I believe to be mayonnaise, whole grain mustard and some other stuff I can't identify. IT'S AWESOME. The Sour Cream and Onion kettle chips aren't too shabby either. We had a really good time telling each other hilarious stories that have happened since we last talked, which happens to be about a year ago. We vowed not to let that happen again. (Side note: I promise we're friends in this picture but we look kind of awkward because the picture was taken while we were ice skating).
When I'm not eating Take-It-Away sandwiches I'm begging Louie to let us go to Arch's, a frozen yogurt place also on the Corner. In case you really want to know what I get here too, I'll go ahead and fill you in. It's called Magic Berry and it consists of vanilla frozen yogurt, strawberries, cookie dough and chocolate magic shell blended to make sort of a DQ Blizzard kind of thing. I'm obsessed. I've never gotten anything different. I guess I kind of don't branch out much when it comes to my restaurant food choices.

Hershey Minis also make it on my life is good list. We originally bought them as prizes for the youth at Sunday night Bible study and we keep them in the car. That worked until yesterday when I just had to have chocolate and well, I brought them into our apartment. DUN dun dun. I've had too many of the dark chocolates and Mr. Goodbars...All in all, while most of my addictions may be poor health decisions at least they're legal and yummy.

The last thing on my list but definitely a contender in the number 1 thing that makes my life easiest/awesome is Wal-Mart brand Redi Wipes. Cheap, anti-bacterial and at hand. I can wipe down a whole kitchen with these things! And I don't feel bad about using a few too many because Wal-Mart, as previously mentioned in another post, practically gives them to me. I don't know why, but our apartment gets way yuckier than I ever remember my childhood home getting.



2 comments:

  1. 1. Rick has WAY too many tshirts too. Some are so old and have holes. Some don't fit. He can't seem to part with them. It's an ongoing battle to keep them organized and clean in our closet. Suppose its a guy thing.
    2. Our house stays SO MUCH dirtier than my mom's house ever did. Think it's because we had Grandma Neal? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 that you put that picture in your blog, its so precious! boy do I miss those days!!! almost as much as I miss you and louie! you're doing an awesome job with this blog its so neat to read! love you!! :) this is melanie if you didn't know I couldnt figure out the thing at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete