2.04.2010

Weird

Today was just...weird--but in a good way! Louie woke up at like 4:20 this morning and I was planning to get up around 5:45 because I have a clinical that's about a 40 minute drive west. I was surprisingly wide awake and we just talked and laughed in bed in the wee hours of the morning. Cedric decided he wanted to participate in the fun and jumped on the bed with this tiny opossum filled with catnip that he absolutely cannot get enough of. He likes us to throw it so he can go retrieve and bring it back to us as a "gift". While I was getting ready Louie made us pancakes! Yummy!

I was in clinical from 7:45-3 and I made it home only to realize that it's supposed to snow possibly up to 28 inches this weekend and all we have to eat are the reject food items that we've had for months (ie. instant oats, peanut butter, pasta noodles). Herein is the dilemma. As probably mentioned before, parking is sucky on our street, especially with snow mounds left over to take up half of the spots. Louie was not into leaving and I wasn't so excited about it but I'm a food lover and if I don't have yummy food to be excited about, it's going to be a miserable weekend for me. Not to mention, we probably won't be able to get our cars out for awhile to go get groceries.

SOOOO...we thought about taking the bus so we wouldn't lose our spot but we didn't want to haul who knows how many bags around on the bus. Thus, I talked Louie into going to the grocery store, and wow, the lines wrapped around half the store! It didn't take as long as expected but a lot of the good stuff was out of stock. The best part of this story? As I was turning on our street my blood pressure rose because I just did NOT want to take our bags in and then park elsewhere only to walk all the way back. Half way down our street--what is that? OUR SPOT still available, still with outline of snow left from our car being parked there. When this happens (although when it doesn't he still obviously loves us), I have to thank God for His undeserved mercies because he could very well just have had us walk. I wanted to give him such a big high five!!!

Now for the most exciting part of the day--TV and relaxation. A new Office episode is on tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment