1.26.2010

Beginnings

So, here it goes. My first blog entry. (Warning, I am not creative or witty so what you read is what you get.). I know the first few entries may be novel-like but I have a horrible memory and I hope to use what I write to extract childhood memories and preserve new ones.

I guess an introduction including the basics is in order. I've recently turned 22 and I just got married to my best friend on May 30, 2009. I know that sounds really cliche and all, but for real, he's my best friend. We met in middle school at church and grew up together from there. Long story short: he was obsessed with me, I thought he was nerdy (thus, I was NOT obsessed with him), I broke his heart a few times, I realized he wasn't going away (and he's wonderful), we got married.

Here we are almost 8 months later and we're happy; to make things even better, he's absolutely hilarious. We have an apartment that is way overpriced and has horribly unpredictable street parking but we've made it a home that we love coming back to. We have a cat--Cedric--lovingly adopted a couple of weeks post-wedding.
He's a youth minister at a church near UVa and we adore the new friends and families we have met. We are thrilled that the church has voted to ordain him and nothing makes us warmer inside than to know our first church as a little married family has agreed to ordain him. We are planning to move this summer to Louisville, Kentucky where he'll be getting an M.Div at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. The move will be bittersweet as we'll be leaving the youth at the church as well as both of our families in Richmond.

Our immediate future looks fuzzy as we don't really know what's we'll do once we get to Louisville in late summer. I'll graduate in May from nursing school. My deepest worldly desire is to be a stay at home mommy but I look forward to seeing how God uses my nursing education after graduation. Right now we're just looking at it as a means of income while Louie gets started at Southern.

Obviously, I have no theme or organization to what I'll be writing. More another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment