Louie sat down today and completed the application and had recommendation forms sent to a few kind friends and mentors. We look forward to getting an acceptance letter in the next few months. That's not being overconfident but from what I've heard, it's not too difficult to get in since people aren't necessarily busting down the doors to get in. That being said, it is nothing less than theologically rock solid. The best part for me will be the Seminary Wives Institute (provided I don't get the evening shift at whatever hospital I work at). I can actually get a diploma from completing a certain amount of hours in classes that will be taught by professors at the school or their wives. How awesome is that! That way, I'll be able to study what Louie is studying and we'll have plenty to talk about and work on together. The SWI offers elective courses in topics such as hospitality, parenting and public speaking for pastors' wives (pretty sure I won't be choosing this one but who knows, maybe God will challenge me). We'll also be living on campus in a very new and cute apartment (cheaper than where we are in now!.......and with parking!). Another perk--rent will include cable which we decided to do without this year to save a little money since it wasn't included in rent. It's the only family housing on campus that allows pets and well, we've got Cedric in all his cuteness. He'll probably be happy to have a little more room to run around and it'll be fun to see him in a different environment where he'll find other things to get into.
I've also been researching my options for work in the Louisville area. There are plenty of options but it seems that many of them want me to wait until around March to apply as a New Graduate. I didn't really listen and I've been applying anyway so we'll see what happens. Our plan is to work at least a year and then think about a family. I can't wait to get to Louisville. Better yet, my newlywed cousin and her husband live in Louisville and her mom and dad come up every few months or so, so we'll at least be able to see some family!
In other news, it's Friday night after a long week of classes/psychiatric clinical (you WILL hear stories about this clinical every so often) and it's supposed to start snowing late tonight and all day tomorrow! Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment