I'm not sure what has sparked such a deep desire to know my family when I can't even meet them. I hate that I can't know them but researching and digging kind of indulges and satisfies that. Related side note: I am directly related to Charlemagne (that's right, Holy Roman Emperor), Louis the Pious, and some English Henrys. As cool as that is, there are probably too many people out in the world who are descended from them so I tend to feel more love toward the people who are only 3 to 4 generations back. Over winter break I completed as much of my family tree as I could muster (sitting on the couch and looking at a computer screen without moving for 9 hours gets old quickly).
At the end of it all, I realized that knowing all of the people I directly descend from brings my soul so close to God. The only way I could be here today is because God ordained me to be. There are too many people who I descend from who may have not been born, may have died prematurely, may have never met their spouses/mates and may have conceived their children at a different time (thus resulting in different children). If any of these things had happened to ONE single person in my tree......then I would not be typing this lame blog post! To sum this up in a more organized fashion: God is Sovereign!

No comments:
Post a Comment